Monday, August 23, 2010

Sumsing wong

Its noon and I'm an very fortunate to be sitting in the lounge of Big Sky BMW in Missoulla Montana which happens to be the only BMW motorcycle dealer in all of Montana. After a great morning of riding through the scenic mountains of Idaho and then into the foothills of Montana the ride has come to a brief halt. As I pulled off of the highway to fuel up I had great difficulty steering and discovered a leak in my front tire which was almost flat. Into a GM dealer to add air and then I headed to the Harley dealer that I passed on the highway. The Harley service department had a two day wait list with folks put up in hotels however they were kind enough to call Big Sky BMW and get me in right away. A nerve racking five miles later I pulled into Big Sky's service department Although my existing tire is almost new BMW recommended a new tire to be safe. I agree and now I sit in their excellent lounge sipping Sprite and updating my travel journal. I'm not sure how the bike would have performed with a front flat at 130 kmh however I am certainly happy that the motorcycle god is with me today. I recalled hitting a piece of debris on the road earlier this morning and this may have been the cause of the tire damage.
I did manage to record some digital video with the bike cam mounted on my front fender. I will post these later today once I settle in for the night. Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment