Thursday, August 26, 2010

Iron Butt Day

Thursday August 26, 2010. Start kilometers 23130. Finish kilometres 23990. Total today 860.

The GS and I have developed a travelling cadence. We drive for a few hours. We stop. I feed the bike fuel. I give my butt a rest and we continue on. A great working relationship don't you think? Today I put in some serious distance to get back on schedule. This morning I departed Chamberlain South Dakota, drove over the Missouri River and headed east to Sioux Falls. I decided on a route change and instead of following I 90 I headed south toward Omaha on route 29 and then headed east across route 80 past Des Moines and have now stopped for the night just outside of Iowa City. Tomorrow I have a three hour drive to Chicago and then I will start my return journey along route 66 heading southwest towards St Louis.

1 comment:

  1. Impressive mileage, glad to see all is well, have a beer for me in the windy City.

    ReplyDelete